Monday, May 21, 2007

here we go again

My first day on the floor at the observation unit went pretty smoothly. In fact, my preceptor and I didn't even get a patient for the first four hours. We showed me around a little, we chit-chatted, checked email, etc. Not thrilling exactly but I guess I could be complaining about working my ass off on the first day instead.

I have two preceptors and they both seem very nice. For the most part, we worked out my schedule and it's ok I guess. Some Saturdays afterall, but not all of them. I think working 40 hours is going to take quite a bit of getting used to though. And by the time I'm used to it, I'll be done!

So both of my patients today were thyroidectomies. I learned the ins and outs of admitting, documenting, and assessing for this unit. I think I will enjoy it.

No comments: