Tuesday, April 7, 2009

opportunities for overtime

The nursing world continues on... I have friends now that make work enjoyable, and with whom I can talk about work stuff. Nothing thrilling has happened as far as patient care, nothing noteable, except that I've continued to have nursing students who all seem to like me a lot. It's really gratifying to help others grow in nursing and see how excited they are with what they did at the end of the day. I still remember what it was like to be a nursing student, and I try to be the preceptor I never had but wished for!

The other day was horrible, when three of my patients were off the floor and all came back at the same time. I had a migraine, too. It was a nightmare. I ended up leaving at 7 but made up for it with 16 hours of overtime ever since! In a place where jobs are hard to find for most, I'm really grateful for a job where I can work extra pretty much every week, and get paid nicely for it!

No comments: