Saturday, October 11, 2008

feeling exposed

Things have gotten a little hairy at work. I was made two mistakes- Y-ing two incompatible meds, and not watching someone swallow their narcs. I also got a call yesterday at 7:20 asking where I was. They said I was written in for overtime- I think not. I didn't sign up for no stinkin' overtime! Wednesday at work I got blood in my eye while discontinuing an IV, and had to go through the whole shibang of reporting a body substance exposure. Luckily, the guy is clean.

I hope the coming month is better. I hope to make less mistakes, and I hope I can try harder not to be so hard on myself when I do.

2 comments:

Native woman said...

Everyone makes mistakes and we learn from them and become better nurses. Your doing great.
Mom.

Rensu said...

I know it's so easy to be hard on ourselves and sometimes, we can't help it because of who we are. I used to do this more often when I was a brand new grad but as time went on, I learned to see 'mistakes' (and other challenges) as opportunities for learning, growth, and most importantly, change! Keep on working hard and try to stay positive.