Tuesday, November 11, 2008

into the frying pan

Today I overheard another nurse talking about a seminar on Advanced EKG interpretation. I mentioned that I would love to go to it, and she said "you want to go advanced EKG? Shouldn't you do a regular one first?" Hells no, she did not just say I'm not knowledgeable enough on interpreting EKGs to attend the seminar! I registered for it an hour later. See you there, biotch.

The LVAD guy came to our conference room for an inservice. He told the whole roomful of nurses that if they had any questions, this young lady (pointing to me) was excellent. Same nurse said "oh really? She knew that much?" So there.

A patient of mine today was put on comfort care only. The family flew in, and everyone was standing around with tears and lots of questions. I felt very inadequate but tried to show my compassion. What else could I do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes those bitchy nurses that think they are sooo much better or more advanced...they are not interested in helping co-workers, only tooting there own horns. Show her up...and rub it in.
Mommy the nurse.